 General / 29226
Re: Does God have a name for God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:29:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert Bevens writes:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:14:25 GMT, "Ryan Farrington"
<ryanjf@ifriendly.com> wrote:

God existed first, before anything else.

Well of course God existed first, that truth is tattooed on our arms
at birth.  That is after all how we know absolutely for certain.

He created all things, including
man, whom He created in His own image.

If that were true why don't we all look alike?

I'm only going in on this one part here.  It is my belief that man in God's
image is not exactly literal, but of broader meaning Biblically.  Image can
mean form (arms, legs, head, torso) or function.  My opinion of God is that
He (not gender, just a reference) is pure Creativity.  God uses 100%+ brain
capacity to create and man is created in that image.  That is why appearance
is infinite, but our thought process work so similarly.  The faces may be
different ("Allah delights in wonderous diversity," Robin Hood:  Prince of
Thieves.) but our brains are built the same.  God made us in the image of
his own creativity, something that IS unique to mankind, to the degree in
which God is reflected, and which gives us mastery over the creatures and
the earth.  We cannot create these things ourselves (yet), but as a species
that builds from generation to generation we gain more understanding of the
nature of God's Creativity as we grow in harmony.  War and hostility
destroys our growth, yet also allows our darker sinful nature of twisted
creation to rear up, killing is kind of like anti-creation.  We have the
capacity to create, though to a lesser degree than God, because that is the
image we are modeled after.  God is the ultimate Master Builder :o)
Midnight Theology, less clear than a foggy night of star-gazing.
Best wishes,
Aaron