 General / 28923
Re: Danish B&O gets a New CEO someone from LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:38:23 GMT

Hi Abner,  I am glad you are finally delurking.  I wish you would post more
often, since you do have a wealth of knowledge about LEGO!  (Note:  I spent a
very pleasant evening talking with Abner on the phone a few months back, I'm
sure he's still paying off that long distance charge!! :-)

Great to hear from you!
Gary Istok

Abner wrote:

First I wasn't sure where to post this?  But I thought some people might be
interested in this.  Because it doesn't really talks about LEGO.  Then again
it is about someone who is leaving LEGO and going to work for Bang & Olufsen
A/S.  By the way Bang & Olufsen A/S is also a Danish company for anyone who
doesn't know.

I have to say it is a lost for LEGO. :(

-Abner

---------------------------
(from the newswire)

BANG & OLUFSEN Names Soerensen New Chief Executive, CEO From July 1, 2001

Struer, Denmark, March 15 (Bloomberg) -- Bang & Olufsen A/S, the Danish
maker of luxury TV and stereo systems, said it named TORBEN BALLEGAARD
SOERENSEN new chief executive from July 1, replacing Anders Knutsen.

Torben Ballegaard Soerensen, 50, has worked since 1996 as an executive for
LEGO® A/S, the Danish maker of building blocks.  He helped develop LEGO
Mindstorms, a new line of programmable robot toys.

The appointment of a new chief executive at B&O was expected. Anders Knutsen
said last year that he planned to step down no later than 2002. He will be
available to help the new chief executive until the middle of 2002.

B&O is taking control of its brand by shifting distribution to its own
stores. In the past three years, the company has opened 341 B1 shops,
bringing the total to 490. B1 stores now account for 48 percent of sales.
Besides its design business, B&O also makes tablet dispensers, wireless
phones and power amplifier components.