 General / 28741
Re: Clear macaroni - Dear Gary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:35:30 GMT

Clear macaroni bricks in the early 1960's were more plentiful than at any
other time in LEGO history.  They were produced in clear parts packs #224
(20 per pack in Europe, 33 per pack in North America (Samsonite)).  And
there were also several sets that they were available in, such as #725
(North America Town Plan) or 810 (European Town Plan), #310 (Europe) Esso
Service Station, #307 (Europe) VW Dealer Service Center.  And they were also
possibly available in one or more of the smaller Samsonite Basic Sets (702,
703, 705).   The Samsonite Town Plan set (725) had as many as 20 of these
clear macaroni bricks.  If your clear macaroni brick has yellowed, then I
strongly believe it is from the early/mid 1960's.  If it hasn't yellowed it
is probably from a 1970's set.

Perhaps some of the other special pieces you have may unlock this mystery.
But with the info you have provided so far, it is impossible to make a
specific determination as to the origin of the clear macaroni brick.

it's not yellowed at all, we're still going through everything, right
now it's soaking in water... I'm not sure what pieces i should keep an
eye out for... we did find some flat trees and bushes though :) and some
odd doors, and lots of old windows, some of which will need to be
replaced :/