 General / 28609
Re: lugnet.alphateam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 03:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Ben Medinets writes:
to Todd Lehman, in reference to possible new newsgroup....

Is it too early to open a new newsgroup for the Alpha Team....I have
a few comments on the subject....well mixed.
I like the overall concept of the series but don't like the whole
marketization of the sets....need to address some imbalances on the
sets....etc etc etc....I could go on...
could you set up a news group....please!!!!
may be another one on Harry Potter...would be good too...I'm sure there
are a few Lego Fans that would want to discuss some issues involving this
series as well.

I just double-checked the Alpha Team set numbers, and noticed that they're
in the 677x range.  That says they're not necessarily Town (which is
6300-6699) and also that it's probably going to be short-lived.  But then
again they're almost certainly Town for other reasons.  I think we'd make
lugnet.town.alphateam -- rather than lugnet.alphateam.  Is it time for that?

--Todd

hmmm good response, Todd

like I said, I am waiting to buy them to see what add-on sets (Beta sets??)
are available and to see if they survive until next year.
There are those out there that like Alpha team and Life on Mars...
personally...I haven't aquired a taste for them yet.
I am still "feasting" on some of the older classic sets - and hope that
Lego comes to its senses finally and returns to a more classic marketing
strategy.
Personally, I'd hold off for a couple of months, but then again the
now generation might want to post in the new group soon.....

Benjamin Medinets