 General / 28515
Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:50:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Forbes on March 2:
http://www.forbes.com/2001/03/02/0302faceslego.html
Forbes on March 1:
http://www.forbes.com/2001/03/01/0301facescan.html

When the kids get tired of the novelty of Bionickkkles, they will look
around for something substantive to play with.  Maybe TLC could cut costs by
rereleasing old set designs.  I understand the retro toys are all the rage
in the toy industry right now.  Maybe we could get classic space, castle,
and pirates back again.  Everything from the packaging to the element counts
to the booklet instructions has already been paid for labor-wise, all TLC
would have to do is manufacture and sell the sets again!

The 10 year olds of today have never seen classic space -- to them it *IS* new!
Hmmmm how about 25th anniversary copys of "Classic"sets from that
corresponding year? Sets from 1977 for 2002 ,1978 for 2003 etc...