 General / 2851
Re: 'Strange' piece in Lego Chess
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:55:50 GMT

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:44:09 GMT, wvw@earthlink.net (De Bengel) wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it just occured to
me yesterday. My son has the Lego Chess game, and with it came this
king sitting on his throne. I was playing with it yesterday (the lego
pieces, not the chess game) and I realized that the back of the throne
is made out of a 1x2 grey piece, 2 bricks high. I have never seen one
like it, so is this the only occurence of a 1x2x2 piece?

It's been around for awhile.  I've got one of these in red, decorated
with a three-flame fire design.  I seem to remember some other examples
from a few years ago, all with decorations.

The new Adventurer's river boat set has (at least) two of this element,
in white.

(Technic cross-axles fit in the teeth on the inside of the brick.)

Steve