 General / 28486
Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:59:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
from :http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=171&Year=2001

LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000

Brad Justice (09/dec/99):
"...we take one more step towards reaching our strategic intent : we want to
be the strongest brand in the world amongst families by the year 2005"

Scott A (10/dec/99):
"Before promoting the Lego "brand", I'd sort the product out first"

Eva Lykkegaard (01/mar/01):
"We will refocus on our core business, which is materials for open-ended play
for children"

...perhaps they will return a profit by 2005.

Scott A

{A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he gets
to know something.}