 General / 28403
Re: LEGO Appearences on the media is updated (and moved!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 23:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:
One thing I would like to see though, is links to a different spot on the same
page! Todd??

There's an undocumented feature that kinda does this.  I say "kinda" because
it only does it in certain circumstances.  If you transclude a page as
described here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/transclusion

then the URI of the page you're transcluding gets put into a NAME= attribute
of an <A> anchor tag.  For example, the above page transcludes this page:

   http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/example

using this:

   <</publish/ftx/guide/example>>

and the page that gets sent to your browser contains this:

   <A NAME="/publish/ftx/guide/example">

at the point of transclusion.

In other words, if the page contained a link like this:

   <#/publish/ftx/guide/example>

it would turn into an HTML link like this:

   <A HREF="#/publish/ftx/guide/example">

and if you clicked it, you'd go to the example page on the transclusion
page.

It's a rather special-purpose feature.  I had FAQ lists in mind when I put
that in, but it could be used for other things.  Let me see if I can come up
with an actual concrete example...

(...time passing...)

OK, on this page:

   http://www.lugnet.com/~1/DinoTron/all

I just added the following FTX code (I'm indenting it 3 spaces here for
readability in this post -- it's actually flush left):

   Jump down to:
   <#Arashi Arashi> -
   <#Chokugeki Chokugeki> -
   <#Kaimetsu Kaimetsu> -
   <#Muteki Muteki> -
   <#Hiryuu Hiryuu> -
   <#Yatsuzaki Yatsuzaki>

The FTX page processor automagically handles converting the relative page
names to absolute page names, so it'll actually work if the page is
transcluded somewhere else.  In other words, I didn't have to spell out the
URIs in long from like this:

   <#/~1/DinoTron/Arashi Arashi> -
   etc.

Well, so that's how it works.  If my explanation was too confusing, maybe
the simplest way to grok it is to see it in action:

   http://www.lugnet.com/~1/DinoTron/all.ftx
   http://www.lugnet.com/~1/DinoTron/all

I don't think there's a good way to do a "go back to top of page" type of
link.

--Todd