 General / 27994
27993  |  27995
Subject:
Dating some old printed bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 04:12:57 GMT

I'm interested in dating and finding the source of several preprinted 1x6
and 1x8 white bricks I got as part of a second hand assortment in 1973. The
bricks are

"CAFE" printed in blue on a 1 x 6

"HOTEL" printed in black on a 1 x 6

"DEALER" printed in black on a 1 x 8

"FIRE STATION" printed in red on a 1 x 8

"RESTAURANT" printed in blue on 1 x 8

"KIOSK" printed in red on a 1 x 8

They're all in a modern looking sans serif font, and all capitals.

Can anyone tell me the original source of these bricks? I'm guessing they
were some sort of parts pack. The assortment I received included some
automatic garage door plates, and some 4x4 "L" bricks in blue and yellow.

Also, what would the "dealer" sign have been intended for? A car dealer?
(One of my 5 yo friends at the time insisted circuses would have a dealer to
"deal with things", 28 years on, I still don't believe that explanation).

Cheers

Richie Dulin