 General / 27808
Re: Weird objects among LEGOs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:58:36 GMT

Peter,

Felipe, how are 'used' collections bought and sold in Brazil ?
In Australia (like the US) garage or yard sales are popular from
private homes. Advertisements in newspapers are less common.
Here we don't have garage nor yard sales. It's very difficult to find LEGO
deals here. The most part I buy trough brazilian auction sites. And now I've
heard that the Brazilian LEGO company will be closed soon. Some distributor
will be nominated to deal LEGO here. They say it'll cut costs, that we'll
see...

I know this has been discussed here before (altought I can't
remember when) but what as the weirder thing you've ever found
among your LEGOs? I find a lot of action figures bits and pieces.
Some Coko clones are quite hard to tell apart, I can see why
sellers never bother sorting too closely.
Tell me about it. I find almost everything: "button football" (don't know if
that's the name) buttons, parts of broken toys, hair (yeck!), broken GI
Joes, gum (yeck!), playmobils and such. I am going to donate those broken
toys to homeless childs.

Interesting ! We might need 'NLFOTW' announcements.
Cool! Can we suggest this to Tood? Todd, are you listening?

Best regards,

--
Felipe G. Coury
Gerente de Desenvolvimento