 General / 27575
Re: Has there ever been counterfiet Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:29:33 GMT

Farlie & All,

I was wondering if TLG/TLC has ever had a problem witha
another company or
group promoting its product as Lego(R)?

or

Whether there has ever been a scandal about 'counterfiet'
Lego(R) bricks'?

Well, there have been a few incidents, I remember Shifty
bricks, which was  ablatant ripoff, that came from China. I
think some of the Chinese firms are doing massive amounts of
that, inluding Lego items. They had King Leo on a horse,
something from Launch Command. You might want to search
LUGNET by Shifty bricks.

Here is a link,
http://news.lugnet.com/?q=shifty+bricks

Heh, funny how my post came up first!