 General / 27407
27406  |  27408
Subject:
Feature Requests for Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:07:46 GMT

Brickshelf is a fantastic tool to LEGO builders.  It is fast, reliable, and
easy to use.  Furthermore, it automatically supports thumbnails and
hierarchical directories (stuff that is a bit tedious to do manually).

I've begun to use Brickshelf more and more as opposed to my home-grown web
site.  However, there are still a few features that my web site offers that
Brickshelf doesn't.  It would be nice if Brickshelf could offer these
features:

- Textual Captions.  It would be nice if you could enter a textual caption
for each folder and image.  This caption would need to be at least 1024
characters (preferably bigger), and it would be displayed at the top (or
bottom) of the image.  When I build my own web pages, each page is typically
a list of pictures with captions next to them.  It would be great if
Brickshelf could offer this caption functionality.  Supporting HTML would be
nice, but potentially too complex (and risky?).  Plain text would be fine
with me.

- Counters: When I post to my own web page, I usually slap a counter on
there so I can see how many people visited.  This is admitedly an ego issue,
but its fun to see how many people are visiting.  Without the counter, I
have no idea how much people are interested.  This feature could be added as
a visible counter on each page, or simply a way to generate a report of hits
for your entire member area.

With these two features, I would have little or no need to use my manually
created web pages.  Using Brickshelf is so much easier and faster, making it
so I can spend more time building, and less time messing with the computer!