 General / 27329
27328  |  27330
Subject:
The Quality Downfall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 03:28:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

(Please read my views even if it does initially look like I am retsating the
obvious)

The way I see it:

Lego is producing too many different types of sets for their own good. They
seem to have some cockamamy idea that this will help them though. Old and
beloved themes have been destroyed by POOPs or just plain sold out. The sets
are being aimed at a younger audience.

We have asked politely for, whined for, begged for, and demanded a reason
for all of this. We have received little to no concrete explainations.

I really don't care any more. If Lego wants to sell to youngsters, fine. If
they want to try and compete with every other toy on the market, fine. If
they honestly don't look to be caring about a very large consumer base, so
be it. I don't care. If I see a set I like, I'll buy it. If I don't like a
set, I won't buy it. If it is obvious that Lego is not producing any more
quality sets, I will only buy the few higher (but still way too low) quality
sets they produce to supplement my existing collection which is made of
mostly good old fashioned early-mid nineteen nineties brick, plate, and
slope sets.

Who cares if Creator figs and SPUDs and POOPs are infiltrating Lego's
failing product line? All I care about is that they WON'T be infiltrating my
prized collection. And if Lego starts making decent models once again, my
opinion will change. But because of the steep decline in quality, it will
remain the same for now. I like what I like. I'll buy what I like. I won't
buy what I don't like. If I can find a use for the "no-good" parts, yay,
more power to me. If I don't, then I've wasted my time trying. Simple.

<step down from soap box>
<deposit two cents>
<enjoy what I have>

Greg Majewski