 General / 27327
Re: Children are our role models - a profile of the LEGO Company, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 02:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, was this Lego press release:
Taken from:
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=163&Year=2001

Children are our role models - a profile of the LEGO Company, 2001

*snip*
In 1999, for the first time we launched a number of themes based on
licence agreements signed in 1998 with Walt Disney(R) Company and
Lucas(tm) Licensing Ltd. These agreements relate to both the classic
and the new Star Wars(tm) space ships and to Winnie the Pooh
*snip*

Anyone else find the explicit use of the term "space ships" interesting?
I'm tempted to read it as "not playsets".  Kinda makes me wonder if there's
something in the contract that limits the kind of kits they can release.

Kevin