 General / 27173
Re: LEGO Company enters the world of music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:50:01 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

Taken from:
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=164&Year=2001

LEGO Company enters the world of music

LEGO Company has linked up with Universal Music International in a unique three
year business partnership.

The world's largest music company has secured the support of a world famous
producer to develop music to accompany the latest new product launch from LEGO
Company: LEGO TECHNIC Bionicle. This will initially consist of a Music power
pack launched in Europe throughout the spring 2001 with further music projects
planned to support the product later in the year. All music releases will be
enhanced cd's with a multimedia content, which means that you by putting your cd
into the pc will experience an introduction to the LEGO TECHNIC universe.

<snip>

I was very excited when I read the subject line of this post.
Unfortunately, disappointment has crept in.  All this seems to be is a
contract that will provide an outside company to develop the soundtrack
for the Bionicle line.  And it looks as though you will need a CD-ROM
equipped PC to experience that.

I had different thoughts when I read "LEGO Company enters the world of
music".  As many of you have, I recently saw the MEGA BLOCKS toy piano
and thought "wow, what a wonderful idea!"  After seeing it and reading
the subject of this post, my imagination conjured up images of
system-sized bricks that produced different tones.  You could arrange
them in a certain way to play a song and there would be an included
constructopedia that had a bunch of children's favorites.  Different
color bricks for the different notes...different sizes that determined
length of the tone.  A way to "construct" music visually.  LEGO music!

But, back to reality....

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu