 General / 27090
    Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi! —James Brown
   (...) I find it irritating too, but I can certainly see why they do it: US citizens are the largest body of online e-commerce users - they're the biggest market. US postal service will give them fixed-rate, guaranteed service and they never have to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi! —Dan Jezek
     (...) Say it's christmas season and waiting in line at the post office can take up to 30 minutes. Combine that with a Non-Paying Buyer and there's a problem. Rather than making 2 trips to the post office and giving accurate shipping, I tend to just (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi! —Ray Sanders
     (...) Last summer, I put in a bid at a postal junk sale auction for a lot of scales. I was hoping that I would get one or two that worked. I won the lot and it turns out that all but one were operational. That investment has paid for itself many (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi! —Maggie Cambron
   (...) And don't forget, if we send the package Priority (inexpensive in the U.S., prohibitive elsewhere), the post office provides free boxes (of which some sizes are conveniently self-sealing), labels, and even packaging tape! We can order these (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory)