 General / 27085
  Is there a way to reduce/repair scratches in clear parts?

Hi, I have several old Paradisa windows, some of which are well "used." Specifically, they are all scratched up. I have tried cleaning these with soap and water, and also with brasso, but nothing seems to help. I saw some product advertised on TV (I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a way to reduce/repair scratches in clear parts?

I have found that I'm able to get a lot of scratches out of other parts with no ill effects. Now I'm not sure about clear or trans parts, though I don't see why not.. I have a compound we use for cleaning our guns after we shoot them. and it works (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a way to reduce/repair scratches in clear parts?

Thanks. Can I pick this product up at a typical hardware store? How much does a small bottle typically cost? I have an old clear brick that I sanded (in desparation - Obviously, that made things worse!) - I can give it a shot on that, and then move (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a way to reduce/repair scratches in clear parts?

I picked some of this up and it worked great! It is a bit pricey. It comes in 3 "flavors." - One for fixtures, one for metal, and another for fiberglass/plastic. They only had the plastic version in a large, 250ml can for about $10. It was easily (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a way to reduce/repair scratches in clear parts?

Oh well, now I've given away my secret.... Glad it worked for you Brad! Hmmm I didn't know it came in more flavors.. I've always used the paste in a tube which is made for Metal or Fiberglass... I'll have to take a trip to the hardware store and (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)