 General / 26970
Re: Is my website legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:56:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Darrell King writes:
I am hoping to open my new website soon, but before I do I am hoping to try
and clear a few things with some of the more educated lugnet members
regarding The Lego Group and their legal standpoint on these types of sites.

What I hope to do is sell minifigs (no bricks or full sets). I plan to have
all types of minifigs for sale individually or in sets and also offer
customized minifigs for sale as well (or maybe just the modification kit).
Does anyone know what issues I should expect or if I am in reality trying to
do something completely illegal? I don't want to begin something that will
get me on the bad side of The Lego Group and others.

Please keep in mind, I already know not to use the Lego logo on my site or
use the title in a domain. With that being said, the rest is fuzzy to me.

I would like to hear some feedback on this as well.  Is there a problem with
dedicating a commercial site to the Lego product?  So far it looks like
there isn't, I haven't got any e-mails from TLC.  Can't be 100% sure because
there seems to be a problem with the Brickbay e-mail server just dropping
e-mails for some length of time each week.
Just now I wanted to reopen an incident with our webhost which was opened
couple months ago regarding this issue telling them it's still a problem but
they seem to have a problem with their problem-reporting software.