 General / 26563
Re: TLC hiring fans (was: Re: AFOLs as cheapskates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:33:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
but not in areas capable of thumbs up / thumbs down rulings.

Which is REALLY not getting *it* in a crucial way.  I am reminded of the
hideously bizarre "infantilism" rooms at TLC headquarters that was reported
on -- what's the point of THAT when we have adults (AFOL) who know precisely
how and why ANYONE of ANY AGE would play with lego proper (and by this I
mean the less juniorized element options)?  These are precisely the people
who should have a thumbs up or thumbs down decision making ability.

It's quite galling to hear that an AFOL-type interest in the product
actually works aginst a TLC employee in terms of advancement, etc. (as noted
in Kevin's post further down).  What CAN they be thinking?!

I also believe that everyone here who posts is an unpaid consultant.

Yeah, once I realized this deep down it made me want to post less to lugnet,
and actually -- I am posting less!  Woohoo!!! It's like casting pearls
before swine...

Hugs and kisses everyone,

Richard (enjoying his holiday by actually building Castle Blacktron)