 General / 2609
Re: Profit dynamics of bulk purchases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:02:04 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

[a lot of stuff, with which he disgreed with me in almost every regard]

Todd, I think you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.  I
don't think that TLG would have any motivation to sell to individuals in the
bulk amounts that you are suggesting, but if you think otherwise, well, hey...
maybe I'm wrong.

Personally, I think that the best thing a LEGO club can offer us AFOL is a
chance to actually be heard.  TLG has been so busy focusing on sets for people
who don't want to use their imagination that they seem to have left the more
creative ones behind, particularly when it comes to the more versatile universal
building sets.  Regular contests that don't exclude adults, organized swap-meets
for people within a given geographical area, and maybe having first dibs on the
up-and-coming items before they actually hit retail outlets would all be
wonderful bonuses for being in a LEGO club.  Bulk parts discounts would be cool
too, but I really don't think TLG would be motivated to do so in the types of
quantities that you describe.

Mark