 General / 26014
Re: new 2001 catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:29:12 GMT

Hi
Can you sacn that catalog and show it for us?

Br
Zhengrong

jonathan lill wrote:

I got a new catalog in the mail today and haven't seen anything posted about
it so I thought I'd list the contents briefly.

The cover is a pretty neat photograph of Life on Mars, not an illustration.
I think its pretty neat.

Life on Mars gets 4 pages with a nice explanation of the main base, 7317.

Moviemaker gets 4 pages and Star Wars gets four also. The new Lego racers
gets a single page.

In the center order form area they have a featurette on the mosaic and  a
"bulk brick building tips" which details how to build a red school house
from bulk packs.

Two pages are devoted to watches, clocks and books.

The dino island page spread features what is either a four set minipack I've
never seen before or a resale of promotional sets as set #5911.

On the train page there is a train car building contest which should be of
interest to many. The deadline isApril 17 and there are three age
categories.The grand prize in each category a $100 Lego gift certificate and
instructions for your model online.

Finally, the only other item of novelty or interest to my eyes is a double
page spread devoted to sculpture with a nice big image of the statue of
liberty. There is a new sculpture of a dragon available, 15" tall, 1530
pieces, $99 and too cute for me. A picture of it is here:

http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=3724-1

By the way, On that page Lego clearly refers to the verdigris color as "sand
green". I hope that ends that debate.

With my luck this will be old news already but for what its worth,

Jonathan