 General / 2597
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:44:19 GMT

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:39:47 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

What if someone wanted to buy 500 gray 2x4 bricks and there was a minimum
purchase requirement of 10,000?

And why would having a few thousand of, say, any particular part stop
the sale of sets? Anyway, if sets generally have costs /part of
$.10-$.20, Why not make the bulk ordering service at $.25/piece, for
the medium-hard-to-get pieces, $.50-$1 for the _really_ rare parts (in
current production, that is), and $0.10 for basic bricks. That makes
buckets still cheaper for bricks in general, but it'd be easier to get
a whole lotta bricks in a certain color from the bulk brick service.
Also, it means that it would not be cheaper to put sets together from
bulk parts than ordering them directly.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts.

Jasper