 General / 25934
Re: eToys closing down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:35:08 GMT

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:G6LEzz.I16@lugnet.com...

"jonathan lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message
news:G6LDEq.Dtn@lugnet.com...
This would be a stunning development if it could be substantiated. • Perhaps
the page hasn't propagated far enough yet, but I see only regular new
year's sale announcements on their home page and secondary pages. Nothing • out of
the ordinary. I would love to hear if other people are finding this.

Perhaps I should have been clearer
This is etoys.co.uk
I did only post if to lugnet.loc.uk of course, but I realise others would
see it outside UK

regards
lawrence

to quote their website
http://www.etoys.co.uk/html/other_sale.shtml?c=eg100D1
"The staff at eToys UK would like to take this opportunity to thank our
customers for shopping with us since our launch in October, 1999 and we wish
to express our sadness at being unable to continue to serve you. eToys.co.uk
has performed really well, quickly becoming the number one retailer of
children's products in the UK. But unfortunately, the disappointing recent
performance of the company as a whole and the negative capital market
conditions have forced us to close down."

Make what you will of the last sentance.
regards
lawrence