 General / 2564
Re: LEGO Barcodes have changed!! :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:16:28 GMT

Could be a strong case here for Lugnet.barcode.boffins :)

Cheers
[SteveScott]

Carbon 60 wrote in message <36C6E275.48D558FF@bigfoot.com>...
I noticed on the new 1999 Space Port and City sets they come with a
barcode that doesn't have the set number contained within.

eg.

Old form 5 702010 9nnnnx  Where x is any number n is the set number.
Also 702019 and 702011 - these are for promotional multipacks of several
sets and do not have the set number within - these sets usually don't
have set numbers anyway.

New form 5 702012 000xxx Where x can be any number - sometimes a 025 for
example.

Maybe this has something to do with LEGO's new 6-digit number scheme
reported by Graham Reid to be used in the future.

For the record 5901 = 5 702012 000355

Strange.

--
Carbon 60