 General / 25493
  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) I believe (but am not sure) that the Swiss factory is a tool and die shop. That is, it doesn't produce parts, just molds for parts which are used in the molding plants worldwide. Switzerland has a reputation for producing some of the highest (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) My Throwbots were made entirely in Switzerland, according to the boxes. That implies that the parts were made there, doesn't it? I think a lot of Technic parts are made in Switerland now. (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) Given the figures that we were kicking around before, the actual operation cost of the plant is likely NOT the largest price in making Lego. The machines are the investment, not the (molding floor) employees. The machines (it is HIGHLY (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business

(...) From reading the article again (a little closer this time) it says that the Swiss factory is one of two main factories (from what you've said- tool and die type factories) and from the article it looks like they are, in fact, planning to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)