 General / 25226
Proposal: BW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 02:19:27 GMT

This is an idea that Andrew (the Agent 0007 one) and I were tossing around a
while back.

You see, over on the newsgroup alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, we have this
thing that we call PokéWars!, or PW! for short.  Basically what it is, is a
huge interactive fanfiction series based in the Pokémon world, in which
nearly anyone who's literate can come in and contribute to a huge universe.

So we had the idea, of starting BW!, BrickWritings!.  (The "Wars" has been
dropped to comply with Lego's stance on the association of war with any Lego
concept besides the Star Wars sets.  Don't worry, we'd call it BW! all the
time anyway.)  With a tag system to identify posts, and a FAQ to lay down
the ground rules, it actually would probably work a bit better with Lego
(since so much of Lego is up to the fan anyway).  We could start out with
just a modern Town setting, then add more time periods/settings as it grew.

So, um... is there enough interest to merit posting more information?

-Andy &&