 General / 25191
25190  |  25192
Subject:
TLC's 2000 Loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:39:40 GMT

In the press release which talks about the 2000 loss, TLC says:

First of all, we have learned that we must run a healthy business with
focus on healthy
        growth. This means that our important business area, Play
Materials, must also be in
        healthy progress, before we start new initiatives. Further, we
have realized that we have to
        find a model, which turns new ideas into good business, before
we invest too heavily in
        them. Accordingly, the number of new initiatives must be
limited.

I wonder if some of the non-sucessful business initiatives include the
buying of Zowie and the watch company they used to license the Watch
System from.  At the time, I thought it was an expensive proposition to
buy two companies, neither of which seems directly related to TLC's core
product.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu