 General / 25048
    Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Um, I'm not sure I disagree with James about anything. I'm mildly upset and disappointed when someone chooses to copy my work, but I'm also kind of flattered. Neither of those emotions translate into my actually *doing* anything about it, as (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Eric Joslin
     (...) This is where you're making your mistake: We aren't talking about someone selling sets that resemble GoB sets. We *are* talking about someone building the set FOR THEIR OWN USE without buying it. I agree completely that if someone copied one (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I can get upset if I want. I can be flattered if I want. I can be both at the same time if I want. I can do so for any reason or no reason at all if I want. What I won't do (and what James won't do) is *do* anything about it, other than (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Charles Eric McCarthy
     (...) That's not how I read (URL) James' later posts. I think James is saying he will take you to court if you look at a picture of his creation and try to build it out of your own bricks, even if you don't then sell it. Later he backpedals slightly (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Scott Arthur
     (...) Why does it disappoint you? I've spent all my working life trying to get others to copy me. (...) I doubt LEGO will put GoBed sets in the shops. Or if they did, they'd dumb them down a little - would have accept that at even 0.006 / brick? (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —James Brown
   (cross-posting to o-t.debate, this falls in between the cracks, I think. If it moves more Lego-wards, please drop .debate, vice versa if it moves more off-topic. Thanks) (...) OBDisclaimer: IMHO! I don't know James' mind(1), or yours, but FWIW, I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts —Matthew Greene
   (...) I think I understand what the point is but, we are usually working from a picture or the actual building/engine and I don't see credits that the model is representive of a pix in Model Railroading or the the XYZ building in town A. When is a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)