 General / 24981
Re: Anyone else notice this quote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:49:01 GMT

"Robin Sather" <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3a2df7f1.47624023@lugnet.com...

"In 2002 LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional
creation using free software to create building instructions for their
model - and then order the appropriate number and type of bricks."

Wow!  Anyone else excited about this?  The key word here is "any", as
in "ANY three dimensional creation".  Can't wait!

Clearly there will be some restriction on the meaning of 'any'.

The most obvious one is that the software will only contain a selection of
bricks from which to design your creation. For example, it might only
contain those bricks that are already available in bulk packs.
So you will be able to design 'any' creation using those bricks.

One would assume this is based on Lego Creator. The only real addition to
this would be for it to print off the parts list to mail to Lego. Which is
why I cant understand why it needs to wait till 2002.

Of course by 2002 lets hope that the range of bulk bricks available will
have increased dramatically.

regards
lawrence