 General / 24890
Re: Lego Ministry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 19:26:00 GMT

Hey, what a pleasant surprise that folks stumbled across my video.  Yes,
that was the product of: a passion for industrial music, a rediscovery of
LEGO in my parents' basement, and a brand new cheapo camcorder.  It took
about 2 weeks of an XMas vacation from college.

It didn't even have a stop-motion function on it.  I did some tests with a
metronome and hitting the pause button to the beat to find a good "frame
length".  I then positioned the pieces in their new position, and hit pause
then unpause to the beat of the metronome.  It worked most of the time, but
not always--there are some rough spots.  I also had to do the entire shoot
in order--didn't have any editing equipment.

The video I did right before that was non-LEGO, though it did have an R/C
car & a Star Wars Han Solo action figure...

I've also got some other LEGO goodies at:
http://www.infernolab.com/projects/lego.html

Thanks
-Jason