 General / 24766
    Re: brown minifigure head —Frank Filz
   (...) Well, NASA sure seemed to think it was a good idea. Isn't the Space Shuttle the first NASA manned launch vehicle which the crew is NOT in pressure suits during launch (the Apollo missions at least started with the crew wearing pressurized (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: brown minifigure head —Steve Bliss
   (...) I think that was a safety measure, in case the cabin seal failed during launch, when the astronauts couldn't do much except lie in the pressure couches and take it. I guess the current thinking is either (a) the cabin seals won't fail or (b) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)