 General / 2473
  Re: 20 year evolution to get to... where we started

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) The 40% inflation is actually low. A 3.5% annual rate of inflation would cause a doubling of the price over 20 years. Considering the last 20 years includes 1979,80,81 with double digit inflation rates, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 20 year evolution to get to... where we started

(...) I wish I knew more about the CPI (Consumer Price Index) or whatever it is that tracks inflation across industries. It's interesting that gasoline prices in the U.S. are less today than they were 15 years ago, while the prices of breakfast (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)