 General / 24633
Re: How did you come out of your Dark Ages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:31:25 GMT

Hi Kevin and the others !

Well I came out of dark ages about a year ago ...
Two years before that I almost got out but then get back
... I've seen UFO commercial on tv and bought 6836 set admiring
many new themes and sets I've seen in the '97 catalogue (the last
I we seen before that was '86 I think) ,  but since I was completely
broke at that time I cooled off ...
So last November I visited my girlfriend and she was just assembling
her's 6349 House (that she got when she was about 10 years old) .
We started talking about Lego and decided to "unite" our (small)
collections and maybe buy a few (used) sets more ...
Few weeks after we put "Buying Lego" into newspaper and got our
first call -  a few sets for about 30 $ ... We bought our second and
third lot ... Soon we discovered R.T.L. and then Lugnet (with a help
from a friend).
Some time later we learned about chewprints and found out that every
single brick from our first lot was completely chewd up (well the guy
who sold it to us was pretty much overweighted :-))  ...
We started picking up better bricks and reseling bad looking to
the people around here (in Croatia) who were buying those to their
children (and didnt' care about the chewprints) .
At the begining of the story we decided to concentrate only on
Space and Knights, but while many lots we got consisted of all themes
we started reselling town sets (now even some Space and Knights sets
which we have in multiple copies) first here in Croatia and then to all the
world as many of you know !
Now a year after we are Lugnet members, we have about 90 sets
getting new ones weekly, plus tons of spare parts with total of
380 minifigs ... maybe not much but we got all of that in a year -
so we definitely consider ourselves as Lego Maniacs !!!
... We won't fall back into dark ages the only thing that concern
us is - space - we have no room for new sets .. but that won't
stop us in getting more and more sets we'd like to have, and
another thing is  how to "save" our Lego from our children's
teeth - once we got 'em :-)) !

Enjoy !

Dejan & Nives
Lugnet 595