 General / 24614
  wWITP (weekly What Is This Part)

I found two of these is a tub of random parts I bought at a flea market... Its black. It has a 1 x 2 x 2 1/3 form factor. On one of the x2 sides there is a 1 x 2 plate extending out 1/3 below the top of the main section. It has some kind of spring (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: wWITP (weekly What Is This Part)

(...) It's a shock absorber (and a very useful one at that, IMO). It came in an old Blacktron II set, where it was used as shocks for the tires of a large space vehicle; an Aquazone set (Crystal Crawler), where it was used to hold propellor arms in (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)