 General / 24615
Re: wWITP (weekly What Is This Part)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 05:03:20 GMT

Ray Sanders <rsanders@svic.net> wrote:
I found two of these is a tub of random parts I bought at a flea market...

Its black. It has a 1 x 2 x 2 1/3 form factor. On one of the x2 sides there is a
1 x 2 plate extending out 1/3 below the top of the main section. It has some
kind of spring loaded block (in white) accessible from either of the 2x sides.
The spring loaded block has a hole for a standard pin. The block moves up and
down about one standard brick height.

It's a shock absorber (and a very useful one at that, IMO).  It came in an
old Blacktron II set, where it was used as shocks for the tires of a large
space vehicle; an Aquazone set (Crystal Crawler), where it was used to hold
propellor arms in one of two positions; a Pirate set, where it was used to
launch parts from a "volcano"; a Train set (4559), where it was used to hold
crossing gates in one of two positions; and maybe others that I can't
remember or don't know of.  It also is part of my first (soon to be released)
Guild of Bricksmiths model, and hence necessitated my creating an LDraw
version of that part.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/