 General / 24581
Re: Lego "commercial" on PBS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:54:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Rudy writes:
Hi Everybody!
  I was watching the hit PBS TV show "Arthur" on my local affiliate this
morning[1] and found a nice plug at the end.  The show is funded by the
usual Alpha-bits and Juicy Juice, but also our beloved LEGO!!!  The spot
included what I guess was a Duplo fig (Heavily Cartoon-ified) looking up at
a cabinet with a book on top.  The fig whistles and some other figs enter
with bricks in tow.  They build a pile of bricks to get the book, which is
titled "Just Imagine...", and open it to a page with a large Lego logo.  The
annoncer (child) says, "The Folks At Lego Are Proud To Support Arthur On PBS"
Just thought I'd point this out, I think it's great Lego is getting more
publicly known.
-John Rudy
www.geocities.com/tjjohn12

[1] Just checking the Millionare Question out...

Yeah, I saw that this September, when I was browsing through the channels.
Clearly it doesn't support anything else, though, because it said"are proud
to support Arthur on PBS"

Kevin
"It is hard to believe a man is telling
the truth when you would lie if you were in
his place."-H.L. Mencken