 General / 24546
Re: Brick red color in LOM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes writes:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
Ok, I went and got what selection there was of the Life on Mars stuff at my
local TRU... I noticed something really cool in set 7314 (the red alien
mech). A really cool 'authentic'-ish brick red color! It looks like the
perfect color for a slightly sun-faded red brick building. Too bad they
don't have any standard bricks in that color! ... or do they?

Anyway, my question is, has this color shown up anywhere else that I
wouldn't have seen it (belville, paradisia, scala, j.random other theme)? Or
is this the first appearance of this color? And if it's available elsewhere,
are there any standard bricks or just more specialized ones like in the LOM
red mech?

Is it the same color as some of the dinosaurs in the Adventurers line?
I was thinking the same thing about that color, perfect for bricks.

Don't think so... without the sets in front of me I can't really estimate,
but something like http://www.suave.net/~dave/colors.html
The dino color as I recall was more of a brown brick, kinda like a dark tan,
with a hint of red. Also a great brick color. But this one is more of a
light, semi-faded red. At any rate, I've got most of the dino island stuff
and I don't think I've seen this new color before yet....

DaveE