 General / 24530
Re: Do we still do FOTW?:)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 03:42:46 GMT

cool story, Josh! so, umm, what's the address of the shop ;)

Build On!
John Matthews

Josh Opotzner <Josh120@aol.com> wrote in message
Woohoo!  My dad and I were on the go today and came across a flea market.
Knowing all of those great adventure stories including every plot element
imaginable about AFOLs finding great things at flea markets, I made an
effort to go.

"On the way back" he says.

"Yeah sure.  After everything good is gone."

"Oh, you don't get flea markets.  They arn't gonna have any particular • Lego
that they have only some of.  Vendors go here and put up ten of • everything".

Alllrighty...

Well, we pass it again, and then again.  Finially, after we were done with
everything else, on our way home, we stop at the flea market at about • 2:00.

Almost right off the bat, I find an ancient lego divider tray filled with
slopes and bricks.  The bricks are differently molded, but just in the
tubes.  I buy it for $3 and find twenty 3x4 red slopes, and considering I
was gonna buy the expensive+shipping red roof brick pack to finish a
half-roofed town building, that's worth it already.  But wait!  Theres • more;
a great handful of clear bricks, including two 3x4 slopes!  I didn't even
think those existed.  Add classic 1x2x2 windows in a few colors, at least • 6
red lattice fences, 2 red lattice fence doors (a la metroliner cargo in
white) and about 50 basic bricks and you have a real FOTW.  Hehe, but I
found something else about 15 minutes later, too.  An Ice Planet Celestial
Sled, unopened and kind of shelf worn (but not crushed) for the retail • price
of $4.  But here, the plot thickens...

"Hey, you really like Lego, eh?  Hey, theres some guy down there that has
tons of it, old.  Next to that black car."

I barely had time to thank him.

But alas, upon arriving, and after interrogating the sellar, I find • somebody
came and bought *everything*.  This not only tells me it was all good, but
also that it would have been there had I been there say, 4 hours earlier.
Yeah, quite likely.

But wait!  Yes, a glimmer of hope...the man hands me a business
card..."Whats this for?"

"It's the address of my shop.  I have tons of lego there.  We're bound to
have what your looking for.  Come in any time during the week"

After being hospitalized after collapsing and nearly having a heart • attack,
the first thing I ask is 'Is it during the week yet?"

--Josh