 General / 24482
24481  |  24483
Subject:
Do we still do FOTW?:)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:12:21 GMT

Woohoo!  My dad and I were on the go today and came across a flea market.
Knowing all of those great adventure stories including every plot element
imaginable about AFOLs finding great things at flea markets, I made an
effort to go.

"On the way back" he says.

"Yeah sure.  After everything good is gone."

"Oh, you don't get flea markets.  They arn't gonna have any particular Lego
that they have only some of.  Vendors go here and put up ten of everything".

Alllrighty...

Well, we pass it again, and then again.  Finially, after we were done with
everything else, on our way home, we stop at the flea market at about 2:00.

Almost right off the bat, I find an ancient lego divider tray filled with
slopes and bricks.  The bricks are differently molded, but just in the
tubes.  I buy it for $3 and find twenty 3x4 red slopes, and considering I
was gonna buy the expensive+shipping red roof brick pack to finish a
half-roofed town building, that's worth it already.  But wait!  Theres more;
a great handful of clear bricks, including two 3x4 slopes!  I didn't even
think those existed.  Add classic 1x2x2 windows in a few colors, at least 6
red lattice fences, 2 red lattice fence doors (a la metroliner cargo in
white) and about 50 basic bricks and you have a real FOTW.  Hehe, but I
found something else about 15 minutes later, too.  An Ice Planet Celestial
Sled, unopened and kind of shelf worn (but not crushed) for the retail price
of $4.  But here, the plot thickens...

"Hey, you really like Lego, eh?  Hey, theres some guy down there that has
tons of it, old.  Next to that black car."

I barely had time to thank him.

But alas, upon arriving, and after interrogating the sellar, I find somebody
came and bought *everything*.  This not only tells me it was all good, but
also that it would have been there had I been there say, 4 hours earlier.
Yeah, quite likely.

But wait!  Yes, a glimmer of hope...the man hands me a business
card..."Whats this for?"

"It's the address of my shop.  I have tons of lego there.  We're bound to
have what your looking for.  Come in any time during the week"

After being hospitalized after collapsing and nearly having a heart attack,
the first thing I ask is 'Is it during the week yet?"

--Josh