 General / 24281
Re: "LEGO" in 3D Maze Screen Saver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Perry writes:

As one is flung through the maze, occasionally some of the walls will
include scenes and pictures.  One of these pictures that zooms by for a
second or two is of a blue/green globe of the earth obviously made out of
LEGO.  Stacked on the desk in front of the globe are some loose bricks of
various colors.

  3D Maze is an OpenGL screensaver, before MS started with D3D they wanted to
show that Windows could do cool graphics and used OpenGL. The picture you are
talking about is from the OpenGL Programming Guide. Take a look at:

http://heron.cc.ukans.edu/ebt-bin/nph-dweb/dynaweb/SGI_Developer/OpenGL_PG/@Generic__BookTextView/38414;cs=fullhtml;pt=38390

  Note: you might need to copy and paste the URL because it's too long

Leonardo