 General / 24273
24272  |  24274
Subject:
"LEGO" in 3D Maze Screen Saver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:09:28 GMT

This may be one of those "discoveries" that's already been disccussed on
LUGNET but since I couldn't find any mention of it I thought I'd ask of the
group:

Has anyone else noticed that the standard MS Windows screen saver called "3D
Maze" has a nod to LEGO embedded within it?

For anyone unfamiliar with this screen saver, it's pretty much as its name
says a three dimensional maze that the "viewer" zigs and zags through.  The
settings allow one to choose the texture and look of the walls, floor and
ceiling (including some groovy, ever-cycling fractal designs).

As one is flung through the maze, occasionally some of the walls will
include scenes and pictures.  One of these pictures that zooms by for a
second or two is of a blue/green globe of the earth obviously made out of
LEGO.  Stacked on the desk in front of the globe are some loose bricks of
various colors.

Anyway, no big deal just a misc. post on an otherwise uneventful Sunday
afternoon.  Just wondering if anyone else had seen this.

G.

P.S. If you go looking for this in "3D Maze" be prepared to wait a while
before the LEGO picture shows up.  On the other hand sometimes it's the
first scene the screen saver displays and THEN you have to wait forever for
it to show back up so you can answer the question "did I just see what I
thought I saw?"  (the answer is "yes")