 General / 23935
Re: thanks for voting me cool lego site of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 09:17:39 GMT

"David Zonker Harris" <frenezulo@esperanto.org> wrote in message

I'd seen some interesting roofing done with the ZNAP, but your Technic
solution is truly inspiring!

    It was a very simple solution really.
And very easy to build

The large plates for the roof are just held in tension by the supports on
either side.
You can see a row of grey plates along the top of the wall that the roof
rests against (though actually the studs on the top bricks alone were nearly
enough)
The technic on the front does actualy do anything to support the roof, or
the zig-zag beams along the sides. They are really just decorative.

The best thing is the roof simply lifts off and lies flat whenever you want
access.

regards
lawrence