 General / 23723
    translation please... —Eric Harshbarger
    Aieee! The Germans are talking about me [grin]... can some multilingual LUGNETer translate the following article for me (hope the lengthy URL comes thru): (URL) article is supposed to appear in the print version of STERN #43 as well, thanks, eric (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: translation please... —David Eaton
   (...) I'm not quite a multilingual Lugnetter, but here's what Babelfish has to say: "For most Legosteine may be play stuff - for the programmer Eric Harshbarger is them more: The 29-jaehrige American is probably the only Lego amateur handicraftsman (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: translation please... —Ronald Vallenduuk
   Here's my version from learning German in school 15 years ago: For most Lego bricks may be play stuff - for programmer Eric Harshbarger they're: The 29-year old American is probably the only Lego amateur craftsman in the world, who makes money from (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: translation please... —Erik Olson
   I was wondering today, if someone made their own sculpture of a Minifig doing something cute, and then advertised to sell it, would that be a situation like using R2D2, where the minifig is Lego's character? (I'm not a lawyer but I suspect it's (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: translation please... —David Low
   (...) I suppose Leonardo's copyright has well and truly run out... 8^) --DaveL (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)