 General / 2371
CFD: Mid Ohio LEGO Fest '99?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:10:00 GMT

I'm assuming that not all of you read through the lugnet.loc.us.* hierarchy,
so open up our local discussion up a little further.  I want to formally
invite others [1] to come and join in our discussion for a possible Mid Ohio
LEGO Fest -- nothing is official yet, but if we do have it, we're sorta
planning for the third weekend in July; to give people enough time to start
making plans.  So if July doesn't work for you, please speak up.

My stream-of-consciousness post that begins the discussion can be found
here:

http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.loc.us.oh.col:45

Some random hi-lights:

- a place big enough to hold about 30 or more people, with about 10-15
   tables for a "flea-market" type layout & another 5-10 tables with
   people's creations.

- have the Fest open to the public, invite non-RTL/LUGNET people to
   come (place flyers in local comic shops, toy stores, video game
   stores, etc.) & the possible formation of support group for our
   NLSO.  :)

- building contest for the 18 & younger with LEGO prizes.

Please follow-up to:  lugnet.loc.us.oh.col.

Thanks for your time,
--Mike.

[1] I plan to post a synopsis to RTL sometime soon & open the discussion
up even further.