 General / 23685
  Re: Concerning Juniorisation.. Where are we? & Crystal Ball gazing..

(...) First let me define what I think Juniorisation is. To me juniorisation is when a set is made using large specialized pieces where the same or similar effect could have been achieved using more generic/standard pieces. That is my personal (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Concerning Juniorisation.. Where are we? & Crystal Ball gazing..

(...) That, plus a general dumbing-down and simplification of design. For example, cars without doors. Additionally (especially in technic) there's the emphasis of play over building -- which ironically translates to far less long-term play value. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn8vu0b3.pg3.....bu.edu... (...) example, (...) When I was growing up, "building" and "play" were the same thing. To me, the challenge of creating and the creative process was play. IIRC, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)