 General / 23554
    Returning to the fold —Jason Carter
   Hello all, Sorry, newbie post here, so if this gets answered every week, I apologize. I am thinking of restarting my Lego collecting habits from when I was a kid, and I'm particularly interested in classic Space and classic Castle sets. Where, apart (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Returning to the fold —Eric Joslin
     (...) Yard sales and Goodwill-type stores seem to be a good source, although I personally have never had a whole lot of luck at them. Also, don't underestimate the power of the lugnet.market.* groups. Asking if anyone has something specific they (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Returning to the fold —Carolyn Cheney
     The most certain and fast way to get old sets is online auctions, but they can be pricey. There is a marketplace newsgroup here on lugnet. Check it out. I have found old sets in garage sales and thrift stores at very good prices, but it is rather (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Returning to the fold —David Simmons
   I get the bulk of my Lego from two toy consignment shops near me. One store bags up random pieces in a Ziploc bag for about $20 each. Usually a decent price considering what's in the bags. They get a real mix of new and old. The other store is run (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)