 General / 23416
Re: jade green
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:28:44 GMT

It's a great colour for military vehicles!!!  Sort of a gunmetal green.

--

Paul Davidson

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
Well then, look at http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/Legoland/Statue-of-Lib.jpg

You can tweak the color in any graphics program until the green cap • matches a
real one, and there's your verdigris next to it.  It's REAL close as is.

"Mark D. McKean" wrote:

In article <G2y82t.7r@lugnet.com>, "kai brodersen"
<cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote:

just got the lego catolog and it has jade green peices for a statue • of
liberty

It's not jade, it's called "verdigris". It's supposed to approximate the
patina of aged copper. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a picture of it
anywhere that looks like the actual color...I guess it's just one of
those greens that doesn't print well. (Green is the most limited area of
the CMYK color gamut.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net

--