 General / 23279
23278  |  23280
Subject:
New 2001 sets Piece details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:03:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Again I apologize for the poor qulity of pictures. I've read all the question
on my previous tread and here are some details on the pieces of interest per
sets.

Mars Base set 7317:

The"pump" is about 14x14x20
There is plenty of new colors in it: violet, light blue, light green, red-pink
type of color
The tubes are 3x3 by about 2-3 feet long
the construction is similar to a Rock Raiders Station.

Life on Mars set 7311:

light green parts (wings and round parts)

Life on Mars set 7315:

Flex panel (about 14 studs long) attach with technic towball connector

Life on Mars set 7314:

Numerous pink pieces (wings, modified 1x2 plates 2x4X5 half cylinder)
New "claw"

Life on Mars set 7316:

Tan, orange, and brown source of parts
Orange 6x6 dish
2 new "claws"

Alpha Team

The Base compound has red wall element (Arctic type)
It also has 2x4x5 trans-red half-cylinder
It has at least on of the 4x4x6 quarter of a cylinder found on the escape pod.
Lots of new faces for the Minifigs (7 at least)
Doesn't look like thereis that many new pieces - maybe just in new colors

Star Wars

TIE Fighter set 7146:

Black wing panel are 12x6

Imperial Shuttle set 7166:

The total top wing has 25 pieces (lots of Arctic wall element)
New cockpit
The bend in the wings is done with Technic no-studs arms which are then attach
using the regular hinges (found in 7181)
Looks like the set comes with 4 figs (pilot, emperor, 2 guards)

Imperail AT-ST set: 7127

Unfortunately the dishes on the sides are 4x4
I have definitely nothind positive to say about that random arrangement of
pieces

Watto's Junkyard set 7186:

Looks like there is a 8x8x1 round pieces and may be 8x8x1/3 tile with 4 studs
in the middle.
Red wheels for all Ice Planet lovers (4 of them)
Another 7171 type of set that will be used for parting

Droid Escape set: 7106

It looks like there are at least two of the panel that are not decorated

Lego Technic

Bionicle:

Age 6+
Throwbot type of sets but with limited functionality except for arms movements
Plenty of news pieces in new colors
Esthetic usage only - Not really useful for Technic builders.

Battle Cars: set 8241

Studless
Cyber Slam style but not spring-loaded
New panel parts (small)
Looks like new wheels

I won't be able to answer any other questions for the week  'cause I'm
travelling for work. Hopefully by then somebody will have scanned a copy of the
leaflet.

Eric.