 General / 23145
Re: Soccer Bus Packaging Mistake
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:58:47 GMT

Maggie Cambron wrote:

Here's a mistake you might hope for.  Each of my kids got a black soccer
bus from S@H (presumably from the same packaging run).  One had all the
right pieces, but the other contained an extra window (unfortunately
sans glass).  Upon closer inspection we discovered that this set was
missing the head/torso of the Johnny Thunder twin (which lends credence
to the theory that the boxes are checked by weight).

During last nights sorting run, I noticed another packing error. I
forget which sets it was, but I was breaking down 2 sets, and wound up
with an odd number of control sticks, and an odd number of 1x1 plates
with clip to hold rod horizontal. Obviously those two parts are close
enough in weight to make that part bag weigh out within tolerance
(possibly helped by an innacuracy in the scale which brought the actual
weight closer to the target weight).

A few weeks ago though I found a couple things which point out that
they're not too carefull. I have a malformed black 1x10 plate which is
missing quite a bit of plastic (I need to take a picture of it). Also,
in a tub (the one with the raised baseplate), I found a piece of scrap
plastic (it wasn't ABS, but I'm not sure that it was a fragment of a tub
or bucket either, it may have been a piece of plastic off a piece of
equipment on the manufacturing/packing floor).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com