 General / 22911
Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:27:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
[reposted with corrections]

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Tim Courtney writes:
He might be right - I was more venting cause I've read enough of this.  It
bothers the living snot out of US residents who can't get Euro only sets
easily...(and that one's old too).

Well, try not to take it out on others, especially people in AU -- who get
stuffed pretty badly by LEGO on a lot of things.  Do you think AU residents
feel any better about EU offerings that US residents do?  And don't forget
about all the US-only offerings that EU residents don't get.  The entire Dark
Forest and RoboForce lines, IIRC, weren't offered in Europe (or something
like that -- it was pretty ugly).

Yes, down here we get a limited range [It took some effort even to get the
entire football range this year...we were only initially to get the ground
itself.]

To all those .us people complaining about .eu only sets, and .eu people
complaining about .us only sets, think about countries like .au who don't get
either, and be happy with what you do have available to you before complaining.

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au

What's a good balance for the use of .general?  Should there be a • general.us,
general.eu, general.au...etc??

.loc.us is already .general.us
.loc.eu is already .general.eu
.loc.au is already .general.au